Here we bring to you not one but two amazing recipes by Chef Guillaume Lejeune, Director of Pastry Studies, Academy of Pastry Arts, to make your weekend an amazing one. So now you know what you have to cook for the weekend.. here is goes
Financier (Almond based travel cake)
- Cook the butter until golden color and nutty in flavour
- On the side, combine flour, almond powder and icing sugar
- Mix egg whites into the dry mixture
- Gently add in melted butter. Make sure the butter temperature does not cook the egg whites
- Add chocolate chips last and refrigerate
- Bake at 170°C in a silicon rectangular mat for 10mins.
Aloo Foccaccia (Indian Twist for my Indian Readers)
For the topping:
- Coriander leaves- 30gm
- Sliced onions- 50gm
- Green chilli chopped- 3-4 no.s
- Garlic chopped- 20gm
- Mix all ingredients together and make smooth dough
- Grease tray and hands with olive oil before handling dough.
- Proof for an hour, punch and shape dough in baking tray
- Garnish with the topping.
- Proof again and bake at 230°C deck oven