Red Velvet Pancake
10 cups all-purpose flour- 1/2 Cup [Chopped]
Sugar- 1-1/4 Cups
Baking Cocoa- 2/3 Cups
Baking Soda- 6 tsp
Baking Powder- 4 tsp
Salt- 5 tsp
Additional Ingredients (for each batch)
Buttermilk – 2 cups
Red food coloring – 2 tsp
Butter and maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking cocoa, baking soda and salt all together.
- Place 2 cups in each of five resalable plastic bags or containers.
- Store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months
To prepare pancakes
- Pour the mixed ingredients into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the buttermilk, eggs and food coloring.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupful’s onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top.
- Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- Serve with butter and syrup.
Mocha Cashew Butter
Salted Cashews -3 cups
Softened Butter- 1/2 cup
Semisweet Chocolate Chips- 1/2 cup
Instant Coffee Granules -2 tsp
Water -2 tsp
Salted Cashews (optional)
- Place cashews in a food processor.
- Cover and process until finely ground.
- Add half of the butter; process until smooth.
- Transfer to a small bowl.
- In a small saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, coffee granules, water along with remaining butter.
- Cook and stir over low heat until smooth.
- Stir into cashew mixture.
- Top with additional cashews if desired.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Mother Christmas Cake
Chopped Peeled Tart Apples (about 2 large) -3 cups
Sugar -2 cups
Apple Juice – 1/2 cup
Vegetable Oil -3/4 cup
Vanilla Extracts- 1 tsp
All-purpose Flour -3 cups
Apple Pie Spice (Cinnamon)-2 tsp
Salt -1 tsp
Coarsely Chopped Pecans -2 cups
Candied Red Cherries, halved- 1/2 pound
Candied Green Cherries, halved- 1/2 pound
Diced Candied Pineapple – 1/2 pound
Salted Cashews (optional)
- Line three 8×4-inch loaf pans with waxed paper
- Grease the paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar and apple juice; let stand for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Add to apple mixture; mix well.
- Combine the flour, apple pie spice, baking soda and salt; add to apple mixture and mix well.
- Fold in pecans, cherries and pineapple.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Remove waxed paper.
- Cool completely.
3 thoughts on “Christmas Recipes from The Bristol, Gurgaon”
This article is very timely. Would love to try out one of these. Nice photos by the way. More power to you.
some delicious looking stuff out here , i am sure many would benefit from this article this festive season
Though i can’t even cook for life but christmas cakes have always intrigued me. I loved staring at all the cakes (maybe i am hungry) but Mocha Cashew butter stands out for me! Thanks for a lip smacking post!
Comments are closed.