Spinach Soup with Mixed Veggies
So now as I am on a health roll, soups and salads make a very important part of my diet. I keep experimenting with different favours of soups and keep trying mixing and matching the ingredients.
Here is a recipe I tried over the weekend and turned out really good, simple, flavourful and full of goodness.
Spinach Soup with Mixed Vegetables
Ingredients that you will need:
- Spinach- 250 gms
- Garlic Cloves- 3-4
- Olive Oil- 2 Table Spoons
- Chopped Mix Veggetables- 150 gms( cabbage, carrots, beans, capsicum, corn, peas, cauliflower florets, mushrooms)
- Vegetable Stalk- 1 litre
- Corn Starch- 1 Table Spoon
- Mixed Herbs- 1 Tea Spoon
- Paprika- 1/2 Tea Spoon
- Salt to Taste
- Grated Cheese to Garnish
These ingredients are good enough for 2 large serves
- Heat 1 table spoon olive oil in a pan and add chopped garlic to it.
- Saute the garlic for about 2 minutes.
- Roughly chop the spinach, wash it and then add to the pan.
- Saute, garlic and spinach, for about 8 minutes, the spinach would be more or less cooked by now. Turn off the gas, and empty the spinach in a bowl and let it cool down.
- Put the gas again on heat and add 1 table spoon olive oil, take all chopped vegetables and cook them for about 10 minutes on low heat. Cover the pan, and cook for another five minutes.
- Once the spinach cools down a bit, blend it to a smooth paste with the help of a blender/mixer.
- Add this spinach paste to the cooked vegetables and stir it for about 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable stalk, or incase you dont have a stalk ready, add normal water. Bring the soup to a boil.
- Add spices, and then mix the cornstarch in 2 spoons of water and add to the soup. This will get the soup to a thicker consistency.
- Let it simmer for another couple of minutes and serve hot garnished with grated cheese.
Do share your feedback in the comments 🙂