While preparing for traditional Sunday lunches at home, we often spend a lot of time thinking about what to make for the dessert, because I feel it is one of the key elements of a meal. This Sunday since we were preparing a typical North Indian Thali with Butter Chicken, Dal Makhani and Kadhai Paneer, I thought of making Kheer for the dessert.
This recipe was passed on to me by my mother, its simple and yummy!
- 1/4 Cup Rice- Washed
- 5 Cups Full Cream Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tea Spoon Cardamom Powder
- A Pinch of Saffron Dissolved In Milk
- Chopped Almonds and Cashews
I used Zantye’s Almonds and Cashews because some of the ingredients that enhance the taste of a dish are very important and thus I believe in using only quality products.
- Boil the rice and milk in a deep pan.
- Simmer over a low flame, stirring occasionally till the rice is cooked and the milk becomes thick.
- Add sugar when done, and stir lightly till it gets dissolved
- Add cardamom powder and saffron dissolved in milk.
- Transfer into a serving dish and garnish with almonds and cashews. I prefer my almonds and cashews raw, if you want you can either soak them in water for sometime and then use or even toast them lightly in a pan.
- Serve hot or chilled.
One thought on “Shahi Kheer Recipe”
Comments are closed.