A simply delicious and finger looking good cake especially for chocolate lovers, its filled with caramel crunch and topped with chocolate ganache and white chocolate dribble. You just cannot ignore it..!!
10 heaped spoons flour
1/2 cup oil
1 cup castor sugar
1 spoon baking powder
a pinch of baking soda
3 table spoons milk
3 table spoons cocoa powder
1 spoon vanilla essence
· Sieve together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda.
· In another bowl, add sugar and eggs and beat them till pale in colour and fluffy.
· Add oil to this mixture followed by vanilla essence, beat a little more.
· Now gently fold in the flour and cocoa cake mix in this batter.
· Line a 10 inch cake tin with baking sheet and pour the mixture into it, spread it out evenly using a spatula and then tap it against the stand to release any air bubbles.
· Bake for 30-35 minutes at 170 degrees C or till the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
· After the cake is done, let it cool for sometime, then remove and let it completely cool on a wire rack.
Ingredients for filling:
Sugar 75 gms
· Add sugar in a pan, and on a medium heat melt to caramelize it.
· Remove it from heat when the sugar is all melted and you see a dark brown colour, but more not to burn the sugar.
· Take a piece of foil paper or parchment sheet, grease it and pour the caramelized sugar over it.
· Let it cool to harden.
· Once the sugar is hardened, remove it from the foil paper, fold it in a newspaper and press it hard with a rolling pin to crush it in small pieces. It should be coarsely grinder with small chunks of caramel( not too fine and not too big either)
Ingredients for icing:
200ml fresh cream
200 gms dark chocolate
50 gms white chocolate
3 table spoons strawberry crush
• Using a double boiler or microwave, melt the dark chocolate.
• In a pan, take 200 ml fresh cream and bring it to a boil.
• Add this cream in the melted chocolate and keep folding till it becomes a thick dropping consistency mixture.
• Let it cool a bit.
· Transfer the cooled cake to a turntable and cut in two equal parts from the centre.
· Moist the cake with sprinkling some water on it.
· Now spread the strawberries crush on the bottom half of the cake, then generously spread dark chocolate ganache on it and sprinkle raisins and the crushed caramelized sugar all over it.
· Keep the top layer on cake and moist it once again with water, now cover the layer generously with chocolate ganache covering the sides as well.
· Melt the white chocolate and dribble all over the cake…feel free to garnish with some chocolate sprinklers..