Do you know it takes approx 800 years for a single sanitary napkin to decompose.? On an average a woman contributes anywhere between 125 to 150 kgs of menstrual waste during her period years. So imagine the kind of harm we cause to the environment unknowingly. On the other hand, a menstrual cup is reusable and one can keep using it for up to 10 years. click here
Also, on an average, an Indian woman is assumed to be spending around Rs 200/- a month on sanitary products and if her cycle goes on for 30 years of her life, she would end up spending around Rs 72000 in her lifetime on sanitary products whereas a menstrual cup costs on an average Rs 300-500 and assuming you purchased 3 cups for all your period years, you would still be spending just about 1200-1500Rs. Now think of those various things that you can do by saving 70 odd thousands 🙂
For me these two reasons alone were sufficient enough to make the switch from a sanitary napkin to a menstrual cup.
If you need more reasons, let me give you some:
A menstrual cup is far more comfortable than wearing a sanitary pad.
Menstrual cup doesn’t make your skin dry and thus no itching or rash.
It is made of high grade silicon and is extremely safe.
It can be washed and reused again and again, for almost 10 years.
It doesn’t bother with other activities like peeing or passing stools.
It doesn’t expand your vagina at all.
Its easy to use and remove.
No I am not talking about these things basis what I have read, but purely basis what I have experienced in almost 4-5 years of using a menstrual cup.
The menstrual cup I highly recommend is the Sirona Reusable Menstrual Cup for Women. Some of its key features are:
- Available in 3 sizes: Small is for first time users, teenagers and those who haven’t given birth. Medium is for those 25-35 years of age, with usual to heavy flow and have given birth. Large is for those 35 years of age and above, with heavier than usual flow and have given birth.
- Medical-grade silicone: This menstrual cup is made of ultra-soft medical grade silicone that is gentle on skin. It enables rash-free, odour-free and itch-free protection.
- Vacuum seal: The flexible rim of the menstrual cup creates a vacuum seal that ensures there are no leakages or spills even as you indulge in physical activity or travel.
- Economical: Sirona menstrual cup can be used for 8 hours at a stretch and lasts for up to 10 years (though it is recommended to replace it every 3-5 years), making it the most pocket-friendly option for managing periods.
- Eco- friendly: Sirona menstrual cup is reusable and thus, does not create sanitary waste like pads and tampons.
And some of the biggest benefits of using Sirona Menstrual Cup are:
You can easily find the cup for removal as a part of its stem sticks out of the vaginal opening.
The menstrual cup fits snugly against the walls of the vagina and creates a vacuum seal. It thus ensures leak-proof protection.
Once you grip the base of the cup, its vacuum seal gets released. This makes it easy to remove.
Reduced period waste
Sirona menstrual cup lasts for up to 10 years and thus considerably reduces the sanitary waste generated every month from pads & tampons.
8-10 hours protection
Once inserted, it collects menstrual blood for up to 8 hours. Moreover, you don’t need to remove it for peeing.
Does not harm environment
Since it significantly reduces period waste from using pads and tampons, Sirona menstrual cup is a sustainable solution for managing your periods.
Swim without Worries
Sirona cup enables you to never miss your swimming sessions even on heavy flow days, as it collects the menstrual blood at the source without any hassles or leakage!
Dance without Breaks
Now dance uninterrupted as the Sirona cup is here to contain your menstrual flow for up to 8 hours.
Play Like Never Before
Thanks to its design, the Sirona cup enables you to play as long as you like without having to worry about any leaks, rashes, or dampness.
And of course, you do not get these benefits while using a sanitary pad.
Now haven’t I given you more and enough reasons to make that switch to Sirona Menstrual Cup right now. So what are you waiting for, its easily available on Amazon and you can place your order right here.