Whether your relationship status says “single”, “committed” or “married”, having a healthy sexual life is an essential aspect for any individual. Sexual activity has been proven to be extremely beneficial to one’s mental as well as physical health. The countless merits involve better immune system, natural pain relief, low blood pressure, improved cardiovascular health, reduced stress, depression and anxiety, etc. Needless to say, it is necessary to take the required steps to ensure you lead a healthy sexual life.
While the subject can be a bit of a taboo, with the right information and efforts, you can take the best care of your sex life. Here are 4 important tips that you should remember:
- Keep it Exciting: If you’re in a relationship, especially a long term one, things are bound to get a little familiar and land you in a dry spell. While this is completely normal, you can easily avoid this by keeping things fresh in the bedroom (or outside). Indulge in trying new things to keep it exciting with toys, positions, etc. or participate in couples’ activities like couples’ yoga classes, bodypainting, truth/dare games and such to release energy in the right way.
- Communicate: Communication really is key but this applies more so than ever if you’re trying to lead a healthy sexual life. Talk to your partner about your needs and give them a safe space to communicate theirs as well. Share your fantasies, desires and wants with each other without any judgement to make sex that much more enjoyable. If talking about sex isn’t too comfortable for you, start by writing down your thoughts on paper.
- Visit Your Doctor: If you’ve experienced issues with your sex life in the past, don’t shy away from visiting your doctor! Sometimes, medicines like blood pressure drugs or antidepressants can have a negative impact on your sex drive. Other issues like vaginal dryness, erectile dysfunction, multiple sclerosis, etc. can also interfere with your libido so it’s best to exercise complete honesty with your doctor and allow them to help.
- If you have multiple sexual partners, remember to get regular STI check ups to stay in the prime of sexual health.
- Don’t Rush It: The key to a healthy sexual life, with your partner or yourself, is taking your time. Some things in life need not be rushed and sex is definitely one of them. Take your time with foreplay, learn your partners’ pleasure points and give it time to make sex more pleasurable and have better orgasms. Also, aftercare is just as important as sex itself, if not more, so take the time to check in on your partner and engage in non-sexual physical intimacy for a stronger bond.
While maintaining a healthy sexual life can take effort, it is surely worth it and can be done with the simple tips listed above. The main takeaways include:
- Staying in tune with your partners’ needs and wants.
- Taking the time to really get to know them physically, even in non-sexual ways.
- Finding the time to try new things like toys, positions, couples’ activities, romantic getaways and more.
With these tips and the help of healthy supplements from stores like Kindly Health, your sexual life will surely be healthier than ever!