Tasteful Thursdays- Milk Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake by Chef Megha Kohli (Lavaash by Saby)
To make your Thursdays more tasteful, we bring to you a mouth watering recipe by Chef Megha Kohli. Megha is a very talented chef and is responsible for all that finger licking good food that you eat at Lavaash by Saby.
So get set, try out this recipe and do leave your comments and share pictures of your preparations once you make it.. Happy Feasting..!!
- PREP TIME- 15-20 mins AT 150
- PORTION SIZE-12 SLICES, 150gms (ONE SLICE)
- SHELF LIFE-2-3 days
- CREAM-200 gms
- VANILLA STICK-1
- VANILLA ESSENCE-2-3 drops
For cheesecake base
- OREO COOKIE-2 packets
- CHOCOLATE SHAVINGS-50gms+5gms (to put in the base)
- SUGAR COATED WALNUTS-10 gms
SUGAR COATED WALNUTS-
- WALNUTS-10 gms
- EGG WHITE-1
- ICING SUGAR-5gms
- 10-INCH CAKE TIN
- SILVER FOIL
- BAKING TRAY
- KITCHEN AID WITH PADDLE ATTACHMENT
- AMUL CREAM-100gms
- SUGAR COATED WALNUTS-Mix icing sugar and egg white together and coat the walnuts, then bake the walnut on a baking tray for 10 mins at a temperature of 150.
- CHOCOLATE GANACHE-take equal quantities of chocolate and milk, boil milk and cream melt the chocolate in it, mix it properly.
- FOR THE BASE-crush Oreo cookies and add melted butter and set it in the mould and bake it for 10 mins, keep it to cool, once cooled put chocolate shavings and sugar coated walnuts.
- In a mixing bowl add cream cheese, amul cream, milk powder, corn flour, vanilla stick, vanilla essence, sugar and coffee and with the help of a paddle attachment mix the ingredients properly.
- Once the mix is ready, pour it inside the cake tin on top of the Oreo base, put silver foil at the bottom of the cake tin and put it over the baking tray and pour little water on the tray and bake it for 15-20 mins at a temperature of 150.
- Once baked keep it aside to cool and then de-mould and refrigerate it.
On a chakli keep 150gms slice of cheesecake on the left side, pour chocolate ganache on top of it.top it with 3 cheeries , on the rite side make a stroke with the cherry sauce and dust it with icing sugar.