Tasty Tuesdays… Bhang Ki Badami Pak, Holi Special Recipe by Chef Rohit Tokhi, Leela Ambience Convention Hotel
So the most colourful festival of India is just a week away.. and I want to know what special are you preparing…?? Haven’t decided yet.. so here is to the rescue, an interesting recipe shared by Executive Chef Rohit Tokhi of Leela Ambience Convention Hotel, Bhang Ki Badami Pak.. so read on.. make it..share it..enjoy it.. and do let us know how it was..
Almond 500 gm
Bhang leaves 50 gm
Desi ghee 150 gm
Rose water 2 cups
Cardamoms powder 1 tsp
Sugar 500 gm
Nutmeg, grated 1
Almond seed, slice ½ tsp
Saffron (soaked in milk) few strands
Sliver leaf few leaves
Melt the sugar in rose water till it attains a light syrupy consistency.
Blanch, fry and grind the almonds.
Pick, wash and drain the bhang leaves. Take a pan and fry bhang leaves and drain all the excess oil.
- Heat prepared syrup with half of the ghee and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add mawa and keep stirring. Add grind almond to the mawa mixture along with the remaining ghee. Keep on a low fire and keep stirring.
- When ready to set remove off fire, mix in the fried bhang leaves, powdered cardamoms and nutmeg powder. Spread on a clean board or baking tray and cut into roundels.
- Take a dessert plate; put two roundels of badam and garnish with almond sliced, saffron and sliver leaf and serve.
- If kept in an air tight container it will stay for a week.