CAPPELLACCI DI ZUCCA : Fresh Stuffed Pasta
Serves 5 portions
- 5 eggs
- 350 grams pasta flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil for marination of Butter nut pumpkin
- 1 garlic clove
- 600 grams butternut pumpkin
- 100 grams freshly grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100 grams butter
- Fresh sage leaves
Making the Dough
- Mix Eggs, Flour and salt. Knead Well. About 3 mins should be ok. Keep it for 30 mins.
Making the Filling
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly oil a baking sheet. Peel and Cut the Pumpkin and scoop out the seeds and cut into small dices Bake the squash for 45 mins along with garlic or until well cooked
- Place it in a bowl, mesh it well, stir in the cheese and grate the nutmeg and some crushed pepper corns and mix well.
Making the Pasta
- Roll out the pasta dough very thin so as to literally see the yellowish filling inside
- Cut the pasta sheet into 2 ½ inch squares.
- Place 1 spoon of filling and stick the parallel ends together to form a triangle and then stick the other ends together for form the Cappellacci.
- In boiling water, cook Cappellacci for 3-4 mins approximately or Until firm or as they say “Al Dente”
- Melt the butter in a pan and add sage leaves
- Transfer Cappellacci to the pan, add few spoons of stock if needed.
- Check on the seasoning.
- Top up with some Parmesan Cheese. Serve Hot.
RISOTTO ALLA ZUCCA Italian Creamy Rice
Serves 5 portions
500 grams Arborio Rice
300 grams Roasted Butter Nut Pumpkin
120 grams Butter
100 grams Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
2 grams rosemary leaves
2 cloves of Garlic
3 table spoon chopped Onion
1.25 ltr Stock
- To the pan add butter, garlic and onions. Sauté till transparent
- Add roasted Butternut Pumpkin and Arborio Rice
- While stirring, keep adding stock in the batches of 250 ml each
- Once half done add rosemary leaves
- After adding all the stock OR nearing Rice being soft add Parmesan Cheese
- Check Seasoning and add crushed black pepper
- Serve Hot