· Sieve together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda.
· In another bowl, add sugar and eggs and beat them till pale in colour and fluffy.
· Add oil to this mixture followed by vanilla essence, beat a little more.
· Now gently fold in the flour and cocoa cake mix in this batter.
· Line a cake tin with baking sheet, grease lightly and pour the mixture into it, spread it out evenly using a spatula and then tap it against the stand to release any air bubbles.
· Bake for 30-35 minutes at 170 degrees C or till the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
· After the cake is done, let it cool for sometime, then remove and let it completely cool on a wire rack.
· Using a double boiler or microwave, melt the dark chocolate.
· In a pan, take 250 ml fresh cream and bring it to a boil.
· Add this cream in the melted chocolate and keep folding till it becomes a thick dropping consistency mixture.
· Let it cool a bit.
· Transfer the cooled cake to a turn table and cut in two equal parts from the centre.
· Moist the cake with sprinkling some water on it.
· Now spread the strawberry crush on the bottom half of the cake, then generously spread dark chocolate ganache on it.
· Keep the top layer on cake and moist it once again with water, now cover the layer generously with chocolate ganache covering the sides as well.
· Let it cool down a bit.
· Now melt the milk chocolate either in microwave or on a double boiler.
· Take a piping cone and fill it with the melted chocolate.
· On a baking sheet, draw circular patters, or other patterns of your choice and let it set in fridge for about 10 minutes.
· Once your patters are set, remove them lightly from the sheet and arrange them on your cake to decorate it.
· Finally finish the border with some wafer sprinklers and you have yourself an irresistible chocolaty delight..
This blog is a reflection of all my passions. This is a peep into my journey of life wherein you will read about the varied experiences that life offers me. The food I eat, the places I travel, the books I read.. my thoughts on health, social issues, parenting, fashion and beauty brands and loads of other interesting stuff. So pile on and enjoy my journey 🙂 Keep reading and keep supporting!!