1/2 cup oil1 cup castor sugar3 eggs1 spoon baking powderA pinch of baking soda3 table spoons milk
3 table spoons cocoa powder1 spoon vanilla essence
- Sieve together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another bowl, add sugar and eggs and beat them till pale in colour and fluffy.
- Add oil to this mixture followed by vanilla essence, beat a little more.
- Now gently fold in the flour and cocoa cake mix in this batter.
- Line a 10 inch cake tin with baking sheet and pour the mixture into it, spread it out evenly using a spatula and then tap it against the stand to release any air bubbles.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 170 degrees C or till the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- After the cake is done, let it cool for sometime, then remove and let it completely cool on a wire rack.
Ingredients for the Icing:250 ml fresh cream200 gms dark chocolate
50 gms white chocolate
3 table spoons strawberry crush
1 ice cream cone, preferably waffle cone, though i used the normal one here..
sprinklers for garnishing
- Using a double boiler or microwave, melt the dark chocolate.
- In a pan, take 200 ml fresh cream and bring it to a boil.
- Add this cream in the melted chocolate and keep folding till it becomes a thick dropping consistency mixture.
- Let it cool a bit.
- Similarly make a chocolate ganache using rest of the cream and white chocolate.
- Transfer the cooled cake to a turn table and cut in two equal parts from the centre.
- Moist the cake with sprinkling some water on it.
- Now spread the strawberry crush on the bottom half of the cake, then generously spread dark chocolate ganache on it and sprinkle raisins all over it.
- Keep the top layer on cake and moist it once again with water, now cover the layer generously with chocolate ganache covering the sides as well.
- Just keep about two spoons full of chocolate ganache in a bowl and cool it in the fridge for half an hour.
- After half an hour, you will be able to roll this ganache in a soft ball.
- Place this ball in one corner of the cake, and put the cone on top of it, now dribble the white chocolate ganache on this ball and in and around the cone, giving it a feel of ice cream being dropped over the cake.
- Garnish with sprinklers..and woo hooo you have yourself a mouth melting cake that looks good too..!! Enjoy…!!